Built in 1901 in Michigan this tug was sold in 1920 to the NYS Canal System and renamed the Urger. Urger was retired in 1980 and called back into service in 1991 as a teaching tug. In 2001 it was placed on the National Register of Historical Places.
Urger was found resting for the weekend in Seneca Falls, NY. Urger Resting was featured in Exploring America.
This eagle figurehead was carved for USS Lancaster (originally built in 1858)